Costo de vida mensual básico
Alquiler en piso compartido228
Participación de utilidades42
Suscripción a Internet12
Ejemplo de costo de estilo de vida
Combo de comida rápida5
Boleto de cine5
Pinta de cerveza local1
Acerca de Hungary
Estudiar en Hungary
Long-term D type visa for study purposes - a special national single entry visa for non-EU/EEA citizens that enables its holder to apply for a residence permit for study purposes after enrolling in a university in Hungary.
¿Qué tipo de visa necesitas?
Nombre de la visa
Student Visa (Long-term D type visa)
Precio y moneda
The student visa fee depends on your nationality and can be around 60 EUR. The price may be subject to change.
¿Quién puede solicitar la visa?
EU/EEA students do not need a visa to study in Hungary, but they do need to apply for a residence permit within 90 days of moving to the country.
International students who want to stay in Hungary for more than 90 consecutive days and who are not EU citizens are required to apply for a long-term student visa to stay in the country.
You will need to apply for your residence permit within 15 days of arrival in Hungary. This applies to both EU and non-EU citizens planning to stay in Hungary for longer than 90 days.
¿Dónde puedes hacer la solicitud?
Hungarian Consulate or Embassy
You can only apply for your student visa prior to your departure from the Hungarian Consulate or Embassy that has jurisdiction in your state or country of permanent residence.
Please do not travel to Hungary on a Schengen visa or a Schengen residence permit issued by another Schengen country, in the expectation that you can change your visa status while in Hungary.
¿Cómo hacer la solicitud?
To receive a student visa for Hungary, you must first have an offer from a Hungarian university. You then need to apply for a student visa at a Hungarian consulate or embassy.
Documents generally required for your student visa for Hungary are:
- Proof of having paid the tuition fee
- An acceptance letter from the university regarding your admission
- Passport valid at least 6 months beyond your date of entry
- Copy of the photograph page of your passport
- Passport photo no more than 6 months old
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of address or housing in Hungary
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover living expenses in the form of bank assurance/statement (around 700 EUR per month)
- Visa application form
- 3 stamped envelopes addressed to the applicant
Due to recent changes in the Hungarian immigration law, accepted candidates who are citizens of non-EU/EEA countries must pay the enrollment fee (and, if applicable, tuition fee) right after they paid the general deposit (payment deadline indicated in the acceptance offer), at least 2 weeks prior to their visa interview.
¿Cuándo debe solicitarlo?
Processing a visa usually takes around one month, but could be longer so make sure you apply as early as possible to avoid any unnecessary complications. When the consulate requires an appointment, you may need to schedule it around 4 to 6 weeks in advance because appointment times are limited. After the appointment, the visa processing time usually takes an additional 1 to 4 weeks.
Tiempo de procesamiento
Oportunidades de trabajo
Students are allowed to work part-time while studying, but for no more than 24 hours a week during term and no more than 90 days or 66 working days outside the terms.
Horas por semana
¿Por qué necesita este tipo de visa?
Your visa application may be rejected if you are not able to show proof of the required funds, or if you provide incorrect or incomplete documents.
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Corvinus University of Budapest
- University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest
- University of Szeged
- University of Pécs
- Eötvös Loránd University
- Heriot-Watt University, University of South-Eastern Norway and Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- EIT RawMaterials Academy - AMIR
- University of Dunaújváros